BODEN | SS/14 PRESS DAY


Boden brought out the essence of summer at their Press day and nothing quite screamed Spring/Summer/14 like their set-up, props and splashes of colour. It was a celebration of summer on the beach with balloons hung-up and stand and beach chairs taking centre stage with a table in the middle of refreshments and flowers, it was quite literally 'A breath of Fresh Air' and we were taken back to the 50s in a sizzling hot summer with fun surroundings.

The collection itself was just devine. With beautiful Sun dresses, skirts and crop tops. A very colourful collection with loads or pattern and print on gorgeous fabrics. I also loved the shoes and jewellery which made for very desirable statement pieces to complete the looks. My favourite item of the day was the Bright coral 50s skirt (pictured below) with a white flower pattern and I liked how nipped it in was at the waist,. I could already picture this looking very cute with a white t-shirt or shirt and statement necklace and could both be worn with some metallic or white flats or even wedges or pointy courts depending on the occasion.


I also loved the blues and whites which were very fresh and made for a perfect Spring wardrobe but could also be mixed with some of the bright coloured pieces amougst the collection for more edgy and fashion forward looks. The floral printed trousers and Teal textured pair are definitely on my Spring/Summer hit list including the metallic silver brogues (below) which are just to die for.


It was a very enjoyable event with lots of nibbles and drinks to go round. I watched as the candy-floss tray nearly went past me and I had to chase the girl down and stop her for a stick. Manicures were on the go and an event is not complete without a photobooth; especially one that offered the opportunity to win a trip for a holiday - With an offer like that who could say NO? A true experience to remember which has left me wishing it was summer already.