I love my Repetto's...

Ballet flats have been a huge rave for the past few seasons and I've managed to put together quiet a healthy collection of flats myself because I do find they come in real handy when a girl needs a bit of 'comfortable chic'. Recently though,... I’ve noticed that I'm quiet limited in the department of more "traditional" ballet flats. So for weeks I've been on a hunt for a good pair of stylish flats. The first thing that came to mind was Repetto, the queen of ballet flats. So just the other week, I was fortunate enough to bump into a brand new pair of “zizi – oxford’s” on ebay (named Zizi, in honor of female dancer Zizi Jeanmaire) which I managed to get for only £17 - total bargain and I still can’t believe it, it’s been the highlight of my month. If anyone knows repetto’s the first thing they’ll tell you is the shoe’s are legit, 100% authentic, hand-made in paris, not easy to get, very comfortable and they are NOT cheap - Damn right! Repetto is a is a French ballet shoe company that was created in 1947 by Rose Repetto after her dancer and choreographer son, Roland Petit’s request. Customers are claimed to include Maurice Béjart, Rudolf Nureyev, Carolyn Carlson, Éric Vu-An and Kirov. The store is Pointe Shoe on Rue de la Paix near the Opera Garnier in Paris. Today, the Opera National de Paris, the Opera de Lyon, the Ballet School of Marseille and even Hillary Clinton are claimed as customers and Repetto has also managed to expand their product range into various ranges of dance and footwear. Trying to do product search on the Repetto website has turned out rubbish for me, so unless you live in Paris or speak French I suggest the best way is to know your corners and for some; it’s kind of a hit and miss thing. Repetto’s does supply shoes to French Sole, Brigitte Bardot and Jane Birkin and Charlotte Gainsbourg, and their shoes are now available in the UK via Toast. Like I said, they are not cheap but are definitely worth saving up for(...if you can't get the on ebay). With prices starting at at-least £115.

I absolutely love my repetto’s, they are the perfect lace-up shoe a girl could wish for and will continue to do so wearing them until they’re hanging only by a string. I can see myself getting there really quickly cause I’ve realised I can wear them with almost anything. White, comfortable flats are the colour and thing of the moment which means I don’t have to be completely colour coordinated as long as I manage to keep a balance - Fabulous!


In my Zizi - Oxford, Jazz Repetto's