Confessions of a Shoppaholic...

Looking at the way things have been going recently I can say it’s been great – but surely it can’t that good. I mean, this month I’ve bought at-least 7 pairs of shoes and have been on endless shopping trips buying God-knows-what at Go- knows-where and when I look through my closet each morning, I think to myself I haven’t got enough clothes and I clearly have no idea what to wear. But could this simply be because I just have too many options and don’t know what to pick from or I spend too much time buying and piling up pieces of crap. I can’t decide which one may be the correct answer. What I do know is that I have everything and anything in my closet to make any look work but I suppose I am now being made to pay for my selfishness and greed of having too many clothes, shoes and accessories. I must admit though – I love shopping – the thrill of new clothes or just clothes fascinates me and shoes – O ooh-la-la! I think when some people are asked ‘What do you do in your spare time? or what their hobbies are they come out with things like - going to the gym or jogging or watching their favorite sport or TV show on telly but for me, it’s Shopping. It’s relaxing, fun, rejuvenating, stress relieving, fantastic – and I'm just one of those people who will shop until they drop! It’s only at the moment when the debit/credit card is declined when one knows they need to take a step back or STOP! Two pairs of shoes and a dress later, that moment of shame nearly fell upon me. As I was headed for my second ‘victim store’ this afternoon, I discovered that I only had exactly £17.21 between myself and poverty to last me until pay-day so I made a very quick but painful U-turn back to the car park thinking '..bloody hell what happened to all my money?' Funny I should ask that – then the sun came out and I saw that as a sign of faith and hope? On my way back, extraordinarily and totally unbelievably fabulous, I recalled that pay-day was only a day away which made it all that slight bit bearable. Gosh! I need to keep track of my spending habits though - don't we all?